Today’s Tiny Tip – make it easy for readers to leave a comment or ask a question.
Have you ever tried to leave a comment, ask a question or sign up for something – and then come across the dreaded CAPTCHA ? This is the little box with illegible words and numbers that you are supposed to type in to make sure you aren’t a spamming robot. And how many times have you tried three times to get the damned thing right and then given up.
Maybe I have a short attention span, or bad eyesight – but these things drive me INSANE. The words aren’t even real words so at least you can have a good chance of getting it right.
I’m begging you – pleading with you. Get rid of the damned thing. Here is how:
- Log into your Blogger account
- Go to Settings
- Then Posts and Comments
- Look for ‘Show Word Verification’ and select NO from the drop down box.
- If you are worried about spam comments, you can also chose to approve all comments before they are posted using the ‘Comment Moderation’ choices.
- Now look forward to happier readers and more comments on your posts.
- And then leave me a comment too !
Using WordPress? Then do activate the AKISMET plugin which does a really good job of stopping spam comments. It will also block genuine comments in error from time to time, so do check your spam folder regularly and approve any incorrectly flagged spam.
Authored by: Deby at Moms Make Money