Question – Hi! I would like to take a moment to thank you A LOT for starting these wonderful series. It’s very very helpful especially because I’m a new blogger too. I would also like to ask something, can you recommend the merchants to join on ShareASale which are most profitable?
We are getting ahead of ourselves a little here, because I’ve not yet featured ShareASale on the site or in the newsletter. But I’ve had several people ask questions, so let’s start with these suggested vendors and come back to ShareASale as a (really excellent affiliate) scheme shortly.
With regards to ShareASale (and other advertising too), I think it is more important to pick a seller that will appeal to your reader demographic than just pick the ones with the highest payouts. So you might get more sales but of a lesser amount and earn more, than getting NO sales of a much higher amount – if you see what I mean.
On my sewing blog I promote Craftsy because they offer sewing classes which earn me a good commission – and it appeals directly to my readers who are interested in sewing. You might try these too because your readers might be interested in crafty type classes – they do sewing, knitting, cake making, quilting, paper crafts, other foodie stuff, art, photography, gardening and more.
I once tried to promote a deal about business cards which had a large payout – but no one clicked because they had no interest in getting a business card. So think about what your readers might be interested in buying, especially if it is a product or service that you have used or can personally recommend in your writing because a personal recommendation carries far more weight than just a banner in your sidebar. But this one at TINYPRINTS got some interest. They do some really lovely personalised printed goods and the banners are beautiful to have in your sidebar. An appealing banner that you would be happy to have on your site is important too.
Working on a particular project? Then look up your materials or tools in the ShareASale ‘Search for Merchants’ product search, and this might also point you in the right direction for a vendor you can feature along with your project. A discreet text link for the product could be less intrusive than a large banner in your post itself.
* * * * * * * *
[Updated Sept 2014 – some of these programs offer free products or huge discounts for affiliates – great for your own shopping!]
Here are a few other suggestions from ShareASale vendors. I’ve selected these based on their commission rates, popular and varied products, tracking cookie length, good looking websites and attractive banners. The bigger ones are at the top of the list, the ones lower down the list also might not be so well known as some others, so their banners won’t be saturated and may be more likely to catch a readers eye. Some of these might be ideal for your reader demographic. Plus many of the smaller ones auto-approve all applications without further info needed so you can add them right away.
- Blurb – enables anyone to design, publish, share, and sell their own bookstore-quality books. Blurb books feature professional printing, top-notch binding, and a range of customization options that customers use to make all kinds of beautiful books, from wedding books and cookbooks to baby books, travel books, portfolios, and more. PLUS- they send all new affiliates a code to design and order a book themselves for FREE – so then you can review it on your blog and drive sales with your recommendation. Great to sign up for this alone!
- BuyCostumes – huge online supplier of fancy dress costumes, party goods, accessories, lighting, props, themed products, inflatables, kids party stuff and lots more. Great seasonal promotions, lots of specials for affiliates. Give affiliates a 50% off discount for their own order up to $250. I did a blog article about them here.
- Mod Cloth – a top online retailer of vintage-inspired and independently designed clothing, accessories, and apartment items. In just a few years, ModCloth has grown from humble beginnings in a college dorm room to “America’s Fastest-Growing Retailer” securing a significant spot in the indie fashion industry.
- One Kings Lane – very well converting – the leading online home and lifestyle shopping destination – very high end, high value sales. Featured in InStyle, Better Homes and Gardens, People, Lucky, The New York Times, and other publications, it sells spectacular designer furniture, accessories, antiques, and vintage finds, in a curated setting, at prices up to 70% off retail. PLUS – they give all new affiliates a $15 coupon code to spend. Great to try them out and then write a review and recommendation which can convert better than a banner.
- Gazelle – sell your used gadgets for cash. EVERYONE has an old phone or something they aren’t using. Go round your house, check in all the drawers for your old phones, ipads, ipods, computers and write a blog post about how much you earned just from sending in things you don’t use any more. Affiliate bonus – extra $10 paid when you send in your first items. Earn 15% on what people send in. Average trade in value $160.
- Stella and Dot – for fashion bloggers and anyone with a female audience. Good sales commissions, long tracking cookie and huge $100 lead commission for introducing new Stylists. Regular newsletter with specials for affiliates.
- GroupDealz – a fast growing e-commerce company that curates daily deal events for adventurous online shoppers who love the excitement of discovering new items every day from local sellers, boutiques and name brands. One of the best crafty deals sites, with a good following. Long cookie, asks for email on site visit to browse offers. New affiliates get $20 off their own order.
- Reebok – you cannot go wrong promoting a household name like Reebok on your site. Plus they will give you a $25 bonus when you make your first sale! Worth it.
- Montage – a very nice photo book site with reasonable fixed prices, an easy to use and quick interface, and an attractive 90 day cookie. Plus bloggers can get a free photo book for themselves in exchange for a review. Read more about this program in my review here.
- Warby Parker – most people are going to need spectacles at some point in their lives so your target market for this merchant is huge! This company provides higher-quality, better-looking sunglasses and prescription eyewear at a fraction of the price – and for every pair sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need, which is a great aspect you can promote on your site. Long cookie, high average sale and even a lead commission for people just to try on some frames at home for free without even buying anything. When you want to buy your next pair of glasses, give these guys a try and write about your experience with the try-at-home service and then show off your new specs and enjoy a commission on your purchase too.
- Ideal Shape – highly converting and motivational weight loss and nutritional supplements website. 20% commission rate with average order over $100. Long cookie. Also pays $10 for you to write a blog article or review of their site and products, or they pay you $10 to offer a giveaway to your readers!
- Kidorable – I don’t know how anyone could resist buying something from this cute shop! From rainwear to backpacks to knitwear and towels, Kidorable speaks to the precious spirit of childhood. Fireman, fairy, dinosaurs, and so much more. Feature these products on your kids, and watch the orders roll in!
- StudioPress – promote the most beautiful and/ or professional WordPress themes based on the popular Genesis framework
- Civant Skin Care – beautiful skin care site, 20% commission, Top 100 vendor
- Elite Serum – Elite Serum is the #1 selling and highest converting anti-aging eye treatment on the internet. We pay an industry leading 50% commission on all orders. The average sales ticket is $97 as 25% of customers buy multiple units.
- Lose the Back Pain – a LOT of people suffer from back pain – especially if they spend too long at the computer. Very good high converting website – and up to 80% commission!
- Stuffed Animals – everyone loves a teddy! Invites you to join our affiliate program where you’ll earn 15% commissions on all sales with 90 return days. Our average sale amount is approximately $40 with high conversion rates.
- Peach Couture – eco-fashions and accessories.
- Cents of Style – a great way to earn money for your company by referring your customers to a company that prides itself on rock bottom prices and fashion-froward products. Cents of Style sells the latest woman’s fashion accessories, shoes, handbags, jewelry etc
- Kids Wellness – ideal for parenting sites.
- Global Eyeglasses – more specs and sunglasses – more and more people are buying their specs online. Over 60% of people wear glasses, and almost everyone uses sunglasses.
- Zeko Shoes – these look super comfy – I would be tempted to buy a pair myself. “Strap ’em on, Let’s Go!” Zeko shoes are great for fishing, boating, fitness, biking, walking, and just about everything shoe. Zeko shoes are “An All-Terrain vehicle for your feet” that feel like you’re wearing a sock with a sole!
- Label Your Stuff – perfect for mommy blogs. Moms that have children from 1 to 12 of age. LabelYourStuff offers a range of All American Made personalized name labels for all your family’s stuff. Clothing labels, waterproof stick-on labels, shoe labels, bag tags, allergy alerts. Our iron-on labels don’t fade and our stick-on labels are dishwasher safe and microwavable.
- Silver Rush – Silver Rush Style Inc has one of the largest selections of Handmade Gemstone Jewelry available anywhere on the Internet – over 8000 unique designs.
- Dream Hugs – It’s Smoobee, the Magic No Cry Brush ™. Kids absolutely love it! Smoobee is designed just for kids. Its’ gentle bristles are uniquely designed to effectively brush through hair without snagging or catching. It works! Smoobee is getting rave reviews from customers and selling “out the door”.
- 60 Second Facelift – Advanced Wonderlift lets you look 10, 15 years younger in only 60 seconds. Over 1,000,000 customers worldwide thanks to successful tv promotion!
- Belle and June – Beautiful, well-crafted home accessories give a living space its own distinct character and turn a home into a haven. The right home accessories proudly and confidently express a distinct style and personality.
- In the Mood Intimates – I understand that ‘intimate’ items can sell very well – ladies prefer to buy online than in store. In the Mood Intimates – What are you in the mood for? Intimate Apparel for all your different moods… We encourage our customers to shop by Mood.
- Gifts with Humanity – Gifts With Humanity is a retailer of 100% Fair Trade, often recycled and eco friendly products. The conscious consumer is a growing segment of the market.
If you find any others which offer great deals to affiliates for signing up, i.e. a cash bonus, discount, free product etc – do leave a note in the comments for this post so we can all enjoy!
Authored by: Deby at Moms Make Money